Aeron v1.25.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-01-12 // 12 days ago
- 🐎 Where possible only weave in hooks logging when enabled in the Java driver. This can help performance for those who are only logging a few events.
- ➕ Add ability to log the control channel responses from the Archive.
- 🛠 Fix issue with truncating recordings when truncate position equals stop position and start of segment to ensure file is deleted.
- 🛠 Fix issue with unaligned access to fields in
- ✅ Introduce interceptor bind framework to C driver for supporting loss testing, logging, and media layers other than BSD sockets.
- ✅ Apply system tests to C driver when running in CI. When apply this a number of bugs got fixed in the C media driver.
- 🐧 Move CI from Travis to GitHub Actions and test on Windows, Linux, and OSX.
- 👌 Support for agent logging in the C driver to file to match Java with the
- 👌 Support for adding checksums to archive recordings as CRCs which can be verified to detect file corruption.
- ➕ Add support for applying and verifying checksums to recordings via
- ➕ Add support for fixing recordings after after a system crash running an Archive.
- 👌 Improve crash recovery for the archive when restarting.
- ➕ Add cached clocks to C media driver to reduce the overhead of clock calls and improve performance, especially in cloud environments. Issue #606.
- 🛠 Fix thread local storage for Windows C media driver. PR #795.
- 🛠 Fixes for Windows C media driver. PR #794.
- 👌 Improve EOS reporting in
Image.toString()method. PR #792.
- 🛠 Fix recovery of stop position in crashed archive when start position was non-zero.
- Provide API for for features that existed in
- Don't linger replay publications in
ReplayMergeso resources can be reclaimed sooner.
- ⚠ Default warning of Aeron direction existing on media driver start to false.
- ➕ Add poll support to C media driver on Windows. PR #784.
- 🌲 Name log buffers based on correlation id.
- 0️⃣ Provide timestamp with stacktraces in default client error logger. PR #774.
- Reject concurrent publications that specify
term-offset. PR #773.
- ➕ Add sample illustrating how to build an index and basic time series on a recording that is also replicated in
- 👌 Improve performance for getting
Header.position()in Java fragment handler.
- ➕ Add
BasicAuthenticatorto C++ archive client samples.
- 🛠 Fix issue with configuring threading mode in C media driver. Issue #785.
- 👌 Improve validation when extending recordings in the archive.
- ➕ Add
taggedReplicateoperation to the archive for replicating a stream with provided tags so an external subscription can follow along.
- ⚡️ Don't update the recording position in the archive if an exception occurs during a write. Previous behaviour could have erroneously reported progress when disk was full or underlying storage failure.
- 🛠 Fix issue in C media driver when a subscription could have go away yet the publication considered it was still connected.
- 🛠 Fix issue with incremental build dependencies. PR #762.
- 🛠 Fix recording events enabled property name.
- ➕ Add authentication support to C++ archive client.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Agrona 1.2.0.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to SBE 1.16.0.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to JUnit 5.6.0-RC1.
- 💅 Upgrade to Checkstyle 8.28.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to HdrHistogram 2.1.12.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to ByteBuddy 1.10.5.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Gradle 6.0.1.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to javadoc-links 4.1.6.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Mockito 3.2.0.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to gtest 1.10.0.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to HdrHistogram_c 0.9.12.
Java binaries can be found here...