Aeron v1.30.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-09-20 // almost 2 years ago
- ➕ Add hooks so ATS (Aeron Transport Security) can be loaded as a premium feature on the C media driver. Issue #203.
- 🏁 Numerous improvements for the native driver on Windows.
- Further refinement and additions to the C client which is currently at preview status.
- ✂ Remove a number of data dependent loads caused by indirection to reduce latency outliers.
- 👌 Improve logic for expansion of
BufferBuilderfor fragmented messages to be correct at extremes and to be more efficient.
- Set ANY ADDR to correct protocol family for endpoint based on control when IPv6.
- Scope Cluster Backup counters by cluster id.
- 👌 Improve Archive client connect error messages.
- ➕ Add deadline checking to C++ Archive client connect.
- 👌 Improve the efficiency of counter searching.
- ➕ Add extra validation for the relationships between timeouts.
- 🔄 Change tracking of untethered subscriptions so the bottom 1/4 rather then 1/8 of the window is used to make for easier eviction.
- ➕ Add registration and owner id to counters to help avoid ABA issues and to aid monitoring.
- ⚡️ Avoid updating the commit position counter when the consensus module is closed.
- 👌 Improve active transport tracking to be more timely and accurate.
- 👉 Make use of cached clocks when referencing counters to reduce system call overhead.
- 👌 Improve
ReplayMergetests to show a better example of usage.
- ➕ Add driver and hostname to re-resolution counter for Java and C media drivers.
- 🛠 Fix memory corruption with driver naming resolution events in C media driver.
- 🛠 Fix dynamic agent dissector logging for C media driver.
- 👌 Improve liveness tracking for channels to reduce overhead and false sharing in the Java Driver.
- ➕ Add a
- 🚚 Provide a registration id on the add and remove handler methods in clients so they can be removed by the registration id and not rely on the pointer or reference to the callback.
- 👍 Allow the setting of port 0 on Archive and Cluster control response channels for clients so they are automatically allocated from the ephemeral range.
- 👌 Improve native code use of atomics across all platforms and especially on Windows.
- 👌 Improve error messages in the native driver to help indicate which is the offending command and URI.
- Auto resize the Archive Catalog when full so the Archive does not need shutdown and manually extended.
- 👌 Improve startup code for all clients finding a running media driver which is racing to start at the same time.
- 👌 Support the C++ Archive client on Windows.
- Set CMake 3.6.1 as the min required version.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to JUnit 5.7.0.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to HdrHistogram_c 0.11.1.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Version 0.33.0.
- 💅 Upgrade to Checkstyle 8.36.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Gradle 6.6.1.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Mockito 3.5.10.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to ByteBuddy 1.10.14.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to BND 5.1.2.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to SBE 1.20.2.
- ⬆️ Upgrade to Agrona 1.7.2.
Java binaries can be found here...