Graal alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "JVM and JDK" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Graal or a related project?
The GraalVM main source repository includes the following components:
[GraalVM SDK](sdk/README.md) contains long term supported APIs of GraalVM.
[GraalVM compiler](compiler/README.md) written in Java that supports both dynamic and static compilation and can integrate with the Java HotSpot VM or run standalone.
[Truffle](truffle/README.md) language implementation framework for creating languages and instrumentations for GraalVM.
[Tools](tools/README.md) contains a set of tools for GraalVM languages implemented with the instrumentation framework.
[Substrate VM](substratevm/README.md) framework that allows ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation of Java applications under closed-world assumption into executable images or shared objects.
[Sulong](sulong/README.md) is an engine for running LLVM bitcode on GraalVM.
[TRegex](regex/README.md) is an implementation of regular expressions which leverages GraalVM for efficient compilation of automata.
[VM](vm/README.md) includes the components to build a modular GraalVM image.
VS Code provides extensions to Visual Studio Code that support development of polyglot applications using GraalVM.
- Open a GitHub issue for bug reports, questions, or requests for enhancements.
- Report a security vulnerability according to the Reporting Vulnerabilities guide.
GraalVM allows running of following languages which are being developed and tested in related repositories with GraalVM core to run on top of it using Truffle and the GraalVM compiler. These are:
- FastR - R Language 3.6.1
- GraalPython - Python 3.7
- TruffleRuby - Ruby Programming Language 2.6.2
- SimpleLanguage - A simple demonstration language for the GraalVM.
Each GraalVM component is licensed:
- Truffle Framework and its dependency GraalVM SDK are licensed under the [Universal Permissive License](truffle/LICENSE.md).
- Tools project is licensed under the [GPL 2 with Classpath exception](tools/LICENSE).
- TRegex project is licensed under the [Universal Permissive License](regex/LICENSE.md).
- GraalVM compiler is licensed under the [GPL 2 with Classpath exception](compiler/LICENSE.md).
- Substrate VM is licensed under the [GPL 2 with Classpath exception](substratevm/LICENSE).
- Sulong is licensed under [3-clause BSD](sulong/LICENSE).
- VM is licensed under the [GPL 2 with Classpath exception](vm/LICENSE_GRAALVM_CE).
- VS Code extensions are distributed under the UPL 1.0 license.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Graal README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.