Immutables v2.8.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-09-20 // about 3 years ago
🛠 (not a bugfix release yet, sorry, expect more bugfixes in 2.8.x versions)
2.8.0 is available on Maven Central now
Criteria & Repositories API
Combine power of immutable objects with the flexibility of querying them
🚀 Immutables team is pleased to announce Immutables 2.8.0 release.
🚀 Major focus of this release was Criteria API which enables
👉 users to generate model-specific query DSL. Generated class (along with criteria runtime) allows accessing different backends in a unified, fluent and type-safe manner.
Benefits over raw driver API usage or string based abstractions (DSLs) are:
- Compile-time checking and type safety allows for much fewer mistakes
- IDE auto-completion guides through the choice of fields and operators
- Best in class readability due to drastically reduced number of parentheses and specially designed DNF approach 🔨 4. Easier model refactoring
- Derive immutable implementation, query DSL, repository and more from a single definition 🔀 2. Pluggable Sync / Async / Reactive execution models
- Pluggable backend implementations 📄 4. Generated or custom Repositories (aka DAOs) can be controlled to generate reading / writing or watching operations on entities
🚀 Full release announcement here: https://github.com/immutables/immutables.github.io/blob/src/2.8.0-release.md
Getting started with criteria API: https://immutables.github.io/criteria.html