J2ObjC v2.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-09-10 // over 2 years ago
🚀 A new release of J2ObjC is available, 2.1. This is an update to 2.0.5 with several bug fixes and the following changes:
- The j2objc and cycle_finder tools now run using Java 9. Note: no Java 9 API have been added, since there aren't any Android equivalents.
- ➕ Added option to generate outputs for all specified Java sources to a single .h/.m file pair.
- ➕ Added support for AAR files on the classpath.
Java Runtime Emulation
- ➕ Added java.security digest stream classes.
- 🆕 New character encodings: GBK, GB18030, Big5-HK.
- ✂ Removed okio from build, as it was no longer used.
🍎 There are now separate static libraries for watchOS in the distribution in
lib/watchos. This avoids Xcode warnings including the equivalent architecture from the default iOS libraries, like is done for macOS (
lib/macosx) and tvOS (
🍎 The example projects are now included in the distribution bundle. These include an iOS "hello world" app, macOS protocol buffer command-line examples, and a Contacts app.
- 🏗 The Contacts app demonstrates how to build a J2ObjC project with Bazel.
✅ Thanks for all the bug reports, especially those with tests and/or patches -- we're a small team, and appreciate the help!