J2ObjC v2.4 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-03-15 // almost 2 years ago
🚀 A new release of J2ObjC is available, 2.4. This is an update to 2.3 with the following changes:
👍 Experimental support of new Java language features:
- Effectively final variables in try-with-resources.
- Diamond Operator for Anonymous Inner Classes.
- Private methods in interfaces.
- Local-variable type inference.
✅ You can test this new functionality by running the translator with Java 11.
JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 11` path/to/j2objc path/to/java_file
🏗 If you build your own distribution and want to support these features, please check scripts/build_distribution.sh for more details.
Java Runtime Emulation
- CompletableFuture was added.
- ⚡️ Updated bundled Mockito to version 1.10.19.
- Bundled @WeakOuter can be used also as a type annotation. This allows you to apply the annotation to anonymous classes.
✅ Thanks for all the bug reports, especially those with tests and/or patches -- we're a small team, and appreciate the help!