Apache Mesos v1.11.0 Release Notes
🚀 This release contains the following highlights:
Mesos Containerizer now supports using pre-provisioned external CSI storage volumes by means of the new
volume/csiisolator; the latter significantly extends the range of compatible 3rd party CSI plugins compared to the already existing SLRP-based solution (MESOS-10141).
The Scheduler API adds an interface allowing frameworks to put constraints on agent attributes in resource offers to help "picky" frameworks significantly reduce scheduling latency when close to being out of quota (MESOS-10161).
The CMake build becomes usable for deploying in production (MESOS-898).
➕ Additional API Changes:
- Breaking change Deprecated authentication credential text format support.
🚑 Unresolved Critical Issues:
- [MESOS-10194] - Mesos master failure "Check failed: 'get_(role)' Must be SOME"
- [MESOS-10186] - Segmentation fault while running mesos in SSL mode
- [MESOS-10146] - Removing task from slave when framework is disconnected causes master to crash
- [MESOS-10066] - mesos-docker-executor process dies when agent stops. Recovery fails when agent returns
- [MESOS-10011] - Operation feedback with stale agent ID crashes the master
- [MESOS-9967] - Authorization header is missing when using a default registry
- [MESOS-9579] - ExecutorHttpApiTest.HeartbeatCalls is flaky.
- [MESOS-9536] - Nested container launched with non-root user may not be able to write to its sandbox via the environment variable
- [MESOS-9500] - spark submit with docker image on mesos cluster fails.
- [MESOS-9426] - ZK master detection can become forever pending.
- [MESOS-9393] - Fetcher crashes extracting archives with non-ASCII filenames.
- [MESOS-9365] - Windows - GET_CONTAINERS API call causes the Mesos agent to fail
- [MESOS-9355] - Persistence volume does not unmount correctly with wrong artifact URI
- [MESOS-9352] - Data in persistent volume deleted accidentally when using Docker container and Persistent volume
- [MESOS-9053] - Network ports isolator can falsely trigger while destroying containers.
- [MESOS-9006] - The agent's GET_AGENT leaks resource information when using authorization
- [MESOS-8840] -
cpu.cfs_quota_usmay be accidentally set for command task using docker during agent recovery.
- [MESOS-8803] - Libprocess deadlocks in a test.
- [MESOS-8679] - "If the first KILL stuck in the default executor, all other KILLs will be ignored."
- [MESOS-8608] - RmdirContinueOnErrorTest.RemoveWithContinueOnError fails.
- [MESOS-8257] - "Unified Containerizer ""leaks"" a target container mount path to the host FS when the target resolves to an absolute path"
- [MESOS-8256] - Libprocess can silently deadlock due to worker thread exhaustion.
- [MESOS-8096] - Enqueueing events in MockHTTPScheduler can lead to segfaults.
- [MESOS-8038] - Launching GPU task sporadically fails.
- [MESOS-7971] - PersistentVolumeEndpointsTest.EndpointCreateThenOfferRemove test is flaky
- [MESOS-7911] - Non-checkpointing framework's tasks should not be marked LOST when agent disconnects.
- [MESOS-7748] - Slow subscribers of streaming APIs can lead to Mesos OOMing.
- [MESOS-7721] - Master's agent removal rate limit also applies to agent unreachability.
- [MESOS-7566] - Master crash due to failed check in DRFSorter::remove
- [MESOS-7386] - Executor not cleaning up existing running docker containers if external logrotate/logger processes die/killed
- [MESOS-6285] - Agents may OOM during recovery if there are too many tasks or executors
- [MESOS-5989] - Libevent SSL Socket downgrade code accesses uninitialized memory / assumes single peek is sufficient.
All Resolved Issues:
** 🐛 Bug * [MESOS-7485] - Add verbose logging for curl commands used in fetcher/puller * [MESOS-7834] - CMake does not set default --launcher_dir correctly * [MESOS-9609] - Master check failure when marking agent unreachable. * [MESOS-10126] - Docker volume isolator needs to clean up the
infostruct regardless the result of unmount operation * [MESOS-10134] - Race between concurrent
javahruns trying to create
java/jnioutput directory. * [MESOS-10137] - Mesos failed to build due to error C2668 on windows with MSVC * [MESOS-10169] - Reintroduce image fetch deduplication while keeping it possible to destroy UCR containers in PROVISIONING state. * [MESOS-10192] - Recent Nvidia CUDA changes break Mesos GPU support
** Epic * [MESOS-898] - Introduce CMake as an alternative build system. * [MESOS-10141] - CSI External Volume Support * [MESOS-10161] - Constraints-based offer filtering
** 👌 Improvement * [MESOS-6692] - Install module dependencies during build * [MESOS-6771] - Add and vet
** Task * [MESOS-10142] - CSI External Volumes MVP Design Doc * [MESOS-10147] - Introduce a new volume type
Volumeprotobuf message * [MESOS-10148] - Update the
CSIPluginInfoprotobuf message for supporting 3rd party CSI plugins * [MESOS-10149] - Improve CSI service manager to support unmanaged CSI plugins * [MESOS-10150] - Refactor CSI volume manager to support pre-provisioned CSI volumes * [MESOS-10151] - Introduce a new agent flag
--csi_plugin_config_dir* [MESOS-10152] - Implement the
createmethod of the
volume/csiisolator * [MESOS-10153] - Implement the
preparemethod of the
volume/csiisolator * [MESOS-10154] - Implement the
cleanupmethod of the
volume/csiisolator * [MESOS-10155] - Implement the
recovermethod of the
volume/csiisolator * [MESOS-10156] - Enable the
volume/csiisolator in UCR * [MESOS-10157] - Add documentation for the
volume/csiisolator * [MESOS-10162] - Constraints-based offer filtering design doc * [MESOS-10163] - Implement a new component to launch CSI plugins as standalone containers and make CSI gRPC calls * [MESOS-10166] - Avoid sending framework updates to agents and subscribers when frameworkInfo/pid didn't change. * [MESOS-10168] - Add secrets support to the CSI volume managers * [MESOS-10170] - Bundle RE2 into Mesos * [MESOS-10171] - Groundwork for constraints-based filtering using
Exists/NotExistsattribute constraint as an example. * [MESOS-10172] - Add offer constraints on (pseudo)attribute value equality * [MESOS-10173] - Add offer constraints on (pseudo)attribute (not) matching RE2 regex * [MESOS-10175] - Improve CSI service manager to set node ID for managed CSI plugins * [MESOS-10177] - Add an endpoint for offer constraints debug * [MESOS-10179] - Expose framework's OfferConstraints via master API endpoints * [MESOS-10189] - Pass offer constraints through the V0 scheduler driver and its Java bindings.
** 📚 Documentation * [MESOS-10193] - Add documentation for offer constraints.