Modality alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Database" category.
Alternatively, view Modality alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.2 9.3 Modality VS Apache CalciteDynamic data management framework. It contains many of the pieces that comprise a typical database management system.
7.6 8.0 Modality VS Apache DrillDistributed, schema on-the-fly, ANSI SQL query engine for Big Data exploration.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Modality or a related project?
Modality is a lightweight but hightly configurable Java ORM, with a companion set of tools
Modality ORM library
Encompases a data access layer, a hierarchical and reentrant model definition gathering SQL queries, database values, names custom filters and much more. See [modality-core's REAME](modality-core).
Usage: include the needed module(s) in your
pom.xml's dependencies section as follow:
<dependency> <groupId>com.republicate.modality</groupId> <artifactId>modality-core</artifactId> <version>1.0</version> </dependency>
Modality Web anti-framework
While the ORM is usable on its own or within other Java/Kotlin web frameworks, the project comes with a companion set of tools which stick to the J2EE and JDBC standards to provide a lightweight, loosely coupled and highly cusomizable MVC pull architecture based on the Java J2EE servlets API.
Its design is based on a bottom-up approach rather than top-down. This makes Modality an anti-framework: its various components do stick to the underlying norms, have a minimal interdependance and just do the specific task they are intended to, leveraging the learning curve and added complexity, and nevertheless those components assembly covers all the basic needs of a fully functional MVC webapp.
- the Model layer is addressed with a generic ORM Java API witouth any code generation and with minimal optional caching, providing a complete database structure reverse enginering feature.
- the View layer is Apache Velocity, but other Java View layer technologies can easily be used instead.
- the Control layer is decentralized in URI to path conventions (like serving basedir
GET /foo.vhtml), configuration files and helpers. It can easily be blended in existing frameworks.
- [modality-api-client](modality-api-client) - API client utility for JSON/XML APIs.
- [modality-webapp](modality-webapp) - servlets and filters for Modality-core configuration and initialization in a J2EE webapp environment.
- [modality-webapp-auth](modality-webapp-auth) - authentication filters assortment.
- [velocity-tools-model](velocity-tools-model) - view layer model tool which encapsulates modality-core model objects for use with Apache Velocity Tools.
modality-webapp-auth have been published with v1.0 because they are needed by
modality-example-bookshelf, but shall undergo some refactoring.