Adopt Open JDK v2.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-09-26 // about 5 years ago
🏗 A major overhaul to split out Docker and Native builds, fix a host of small 🏗 issues and place build jobs into Groovy Pipeline scripts.
🏗 Core Build Changes
🔧 1. configureBuild.sh added. The pre-build configuration logic now resides in this script. 🏗 1. native-build.sh added. This script is invoked for building (Adopt) OpenJDK binaries natively. 🏗 1. docker-build.sh added. This script is invoked for building (Adopt) OpenJDK 🐳 binaries in a Docker container.
- sbin/prepareWorkspace.sh added
- sbin/colour-codes.sh removed to simplify code 👉 1. makejdk.sh removed - please use makejdk-any-platform.sh or (rarely) 🏗 sbin/build.sh instead.
- sbin/common-functions.sh removed and its logic split
- sbin/common/common.sh added
- sbin/common/config_init.sh added
- sbin/common/constants.sh added 🏗 1. sbin/build.template added for saving off the configure configuration. 🚦 1. sbin/signalhandler.sh moved to signalhandler.sh 🏗 1. sbin/build.sh enhanced, now requires a 'saved' build configuration to run. 👉 This 'saved' build configuration is created by makejdk-any-platform.sh but can be generated manually as well.
- sign.sh added for code signing functionality.
👉 makejdk-any-platform.sh, build.sh, makejdk.sh usage changes
👍 1. More versions added,
jdk8u | jdk9 | jdk10 | jfx | amberare now all supported 🏗 1.
-Bis now used for specifying the build number (long form
--build-number). 🏗 1.
-bvis removed, (long form
--build-variant). 🏗 1.
--clean-docker-build) added to build from a clean docker container. 🔧 1.
-C, (long form
--configure-argsstays the same).
--clean-git-repos, added to clean out any 'bad' local git repo you already have. 🏗 1.
--docker) added for building in a docker container. 🚚 1.
-dsgcis removed, (long form
--disable-shallow-git-clonestays the same).
-f, (long form
--freetype-dirstays the same). 🏗 1.
--freetype-build-param, specify any special freetype build parameters (required for some OS's). 🏗 1.
--freetype-version, specify the version of freetype you are building.
--help) added. 🐳 1.
--ignore-container) added to ignore existing docker container. 🚚 1.
-js, --jtreg-subsetsare removed as tests should be run via the openjdk-tests repo / project.
--jdk-boot-diradded to set JDK boot dir. 🚚 1.
--no-colour) is removed. 🏗 1.
--processors) added to set number of processors in docker build.
-F, (long form
--skip-freetypestays the same). 🐳 1.
--sudoadded to run the docker container as root. 🏗 1.
--tmp-space-build(set a temporary build space if regular workspace is unavailable).
--target-file-nameadded to specify the final name of the binary. ⚡️ 1.
--update-version) added to specify the update version. 🏗 1.
--use-jep319-certsadded to use certs defined in JEP319 for OpenJDK 8/9 builds.
--jvm-variantspecify the JVM variant (server or client).
👉 Please see makejdk-any-platform.1 man page for full details.
✅ Test Changes
- sbin/jtreg.sh removed (superseded by the openjdk-tests project).
- sbin/jtreg_prep.sh removed (superseded by the openjdk-tests project).
🐳 Docker Support
--docker) has been added for building in a docker container. 🏗 1.
--clean-docker-build) has been added to build from a clean 🐳 docker container. 🐳 1.
--ignore-container) has been added to ignore existing docker container. 🏗 1.
--processors) added to set number of processors in docker build. 🐳 1.
--sudoadded to run the docker container as root. 🏗 1. docker-build.sh added. This script is invoked for building (Adopt) OpenJDK 🐳 binaries in a Docker container. 🐳 1. docker/jdk/x86_64/ubuntu/Dockerfile updated for various bug fixes. 🐳 1. docker/jdk/x86_64/ubuntu/dockerConfiguration.sh files added. These 🏗 contain Docker specific environment variables that the build scripts need (as opposed to falsely picking up the underlying native env).
🏗 Build Farm Support
🏗 1. New build-farm/make-adopt-build-farm.sh added for the new AdoptOpenJDK 🏗 Build Farm jenkins pipeline to build Adopt OpenJDK binaries. Sets the default 👷 environment variables that are currently set in individual jobs. This allows us to now track and version these variables. 🏗 1. New build-farm/set-platform-specific-configurations.sh added for the new 🏗 AdoptOpenJDK Build Farm jenkins pipeline to build Adopt OpenJDK binaries. Sets 0️⃣ the default environment variables that are currently set in individual jobs.
This allows us to now track and version these variables. 🔧 1. New build-farm/platform-specific-configurations/.sh added for 🏗 the new AdoptOpenJDK Build Farm jenkins pipeline to build Adopt OpenJDK binaries.
0️⃣ Sets the default environment variables for specific platforms that are currently 👷 set in individual jobs. This allows us to now track and version these variables. 🚀 1. New _build-farm/sign-releases.sh added for the new AdoptOpenJDK Build Farm 🏁 jenkins pipeline to code sign Adopt OpenJDK binaries (Mac and Windows for now). 🏗 1. _pipelines/build/common/build_base_file.groovy added. This co-ordinates the various pipeline builds. 🏗 1.pipelines/build/common/create_job_from_template.groovy added. This dynamically 👷 creates jenkins jobs for a particular pipeline run (e.g. All jdk8u jobs). 🏗 1. pipelines/build/common/openjdk_build_pipeline.groovy added. This forms the base 🏗 pipeline code for each build. 🏗 1. pipelines/build/openjdk<version>_<variant>_<nightly|release>_pipeline.groovy 👷 files added. These will eventually replace the existing individual jobs with a Pipeline for each version and variant. 🏗 1. pipelines/build/openjdk<version>_pipeline.groovy 🔧 files added. These define the configurations for the 🏗 pipelines/build/common/create_job_from_template.groovy to create jobs for a pipeline run.
📚 Documentation and Misc
- README.md updated to reflect new scripts. 📄 1. docs/build.md added to describe how the build farm utilises the scripts. 📄 1. docs/generateBuildMatrix.sh added to build a table of build statuses. 📄 1. docs/generateTestMatrix.sh added to build a table of test statuses. 📄 1. docs/images/AdoptOpenJDK_Build_Script_Relationships.png added to show script relationship. 📄 1. docs/images/sequence.svg added to show pipeline workflow.
- .gitignore changed to reflect new
workspacebase directory, please check your local .gitignore for the diff. 👉 1. makejdk-any-platform.1 man page updated to reflect new script usage.
Previous changes from v1.0.0
🏗 See Commit History up until May the 14th 2018.