OpenTSDB v2.4.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-12-17 // over 3 years ago
- 🔖 Version 2.4.0 (2018-12-16)
- 0️⃣ Set default data block encoding to
DIFFin the create table script.
- ➕ Add callbacks to log errors in the FSCK tool when a call was made to
🛠 fix something.
- ➕ Add a sum of squares aggregator "squareSum".
- ➕ Add the diff aggregator that computes the difference between the first
and last values.
- ➕ Add a SystemD template to the RPM package.
- 👍 Allow tags to be added via HTTP header.
- ➕ Add example implementations for the Authorization and Authentication
tsd.storage.use_otsdb_timestampto default to false.
- Literal or filter now allows single character values.
- Rollup query code now only uses the downsampler value to pick an interval.
- ➕ Add jdk 8 in the debian script.
- Setup fill policies in the Nagios check
🐛 Bug Fixes:
- 🛠 Fix rollup scanner filter for single aggregate queries.
- 🛠 Fix FSCK HBase timestamps when deduping. Sometimes they were negative.
- 🛠 Fix exception handling when writing data over HTTP with the sync flag enabled.
- 🛠 Fix missing source files in the Makefile.
- 🔄 Change UID cache to longs from ints and add hit and miss counters.
- 🛠 Fix HighestCurrent returning the wrong results.
- 🛠 Fix running query stats queryStart timestamp to millis.
- 🛠 Fix TimeShift millisecond bug.
- 🛠 Fix post remove step in the debian package.
Previous changes from v2.4.0.RC2
- 🔖 Version 2.4.0 RC2 (2017-10-08)
- 🔌 Modify the RPC handler plugin system so that it parses only the first part of
🔌 the URI instead of the entire path. Now plugins can implement sub-paths.
- 💻 Return the HTML 5 doctype for built-in UI pages
- ➕ Add an optional byte and/or data point limit to the amount of data fetched
from storage. This allows admins to prevent OOMing TSDs due to massive queries.
- 👍 Allow a start time via config when enabling the date tiered compaction in HBase
- Provide the option of using an LRU for caching UIDs to avoid OOMing writers and
readers with too many strings
- Optionally avoid writing to the forward or reverse UID maps when a specific TSD
operational mode is enabled to avoid wasting memory on maps that will never be
🐛 Bug Fixes:
- Roll back UTF8 issue with UIDs in RC1 wherein the stored bytes weren't converting
👍 properly and vice-versa. We'll have to work on full UTF8 support in 3.x
- 🛠 Fix a build issue for Javacc
- ➕ Add Kryo as a dependency to the fat jar
- 🛠 Javadoc fixes
- 🛠 Fix an issue with calendar aligned downsampling by seeking to the start time of
the query when the zone-aligned timestamp may be earlier than the query start time
- ➕ Add the missing QueryLimitOverride to the makefile
- 🛠 Fix compatibility with Bigtable for 2.4
- Enable standard read-only APIs when the TSD is in write only mode