Orienteer alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Platform" category.
Alternatively, view Orienteer alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Orienteer or a related project?
What is Orienteer
Orienteer is Business Application Platform:
- Easy creation of business applications
- Extendable to fit your needs
- Dynamic datamodel
- Rest/JSON enabled
- Developers friendly
- Scalling and cloud ready (support of Docker)
There are 3 options for Orienteer installation:
- Embedded (on application server)
- Standalone (no need in application server)
Run new container by command docker
run -p 8080:8080 orienteer/orienteer. Adjust this command if needed:
-v <runtime>:/app/runtime - mount runtime directory with databases, dynamically installed modules and etc.
-v <maven>:/root/m2 - mount your local maven repository
ORIENTDB_ADMIN_PASSWORD=<password> - specify admin password by default
ORIENTDB_GUEST_PASSWORD=<password> - specify reader password by default
Orienteer is Java Servlet 3.1 web application and can be installed on all famous compatible containers:
- IBM WebSphere
- and etc.
To install Orienteer in embedded mode:
- Download latest orienteer.war
- Put orienteer.war into deployment folder for your application server
- Configure orienteer.properties according to your environment and place it in the same directory or above
- Run application server
Orienteer in standalone mode use embedded jetty server to run yourself. To install Orienteer in standalone mode:
- Download latest orienteer-standalone.jar
- Put orienteer-standalone.jar into any directory
- Optionally configure orienteer.properties accordging to your environment and place it in the same directory or above
- By default, Orienteer, will run OrientDB database embedded
- Run Orinteer as
java -Xmx512m -Xms512m -jar orienteer-standalone.jar. JVM parameters can be adjusted accordingly. Additional application parameters can be supplied:
--config=<filename>- specification of path to orienteer configuration file
--embedded- run embedded OrientDB database
--port=<port number>- run Orienteer on specified port (Default: 8080)
--help- display help
Orienteer initial configuration
orienteer.properties is the main file to store initial configuration paramenters for your installation. Sample properties file can be always found here.
orienteer.production=false //Run Orienteer in production mode or not orientdb.embedded=false //Run embedded OrientDB server? orientdb.url=remote:localhost/Orienteer //OrientDB server URL orientdb.guest.username=reader //Default OrientDB user (will be used for guests as well) orientdb.guest.password=reader //Password for default OrientDB user orientdb.admin.username=admin //OrientDB user to user for administrative stuff orientdb.admin.password=admin //Password for OrientDB user used for administrative stuff # Optional properties #orientdb.rest.url=http://localhost:2480 #plantuml.url=http://custom-plantuml-url #plantuml.showuml=false; #webjars.readFromCacheTimeout=5 seconds #webjars.useCdnResources=true #webjars.cdnUrl=//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com:80
Setup of development environment
- java 8+
- OrientDB, if you want to use OrientDB remotely
Install of wicket-orientdb github SNAPSHOT
This step is optional: wicket-orientdb SNAPSHOT always available on Maven central
git clone <your fork URL for wicket-orientdb> cd wicket-orientdb mvn clean install
cd .. git clone <your fork URL for Orienteer> cd Orienteer mvn clean install
Modify orienteer.properties file
See configuration section above
mvn clean install
Run jetty server by command
Goto the application
Open http://localhost:8080 is in your browser