Sentry alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Monitoring" category.
Alternatively, view sentry-java alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Sentry or a related project?
Bad software is everywhere, and we're tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology. If you want to join us Check out our open positions
Sentry SDK for Java and Android
Useful links and docs
- Current Javadocs generated from source code.
- Java SDK version 1.x can still be found here.
- Migration page from sentry-android 1.x and 2.x to sentry-android 4.x.
- Migration page from sentry 1.x to sentry 4.x.
- Releases from sentry-android 2.x and its changelogs.
- Sentry Android Gradle Plugin repo sits on another repo
- Sentry’s Android Gradle Plugin Updated with Room Support and More
- Troubleshooting Spring Boot applications with Sentry
- Android Manifest Placeholders
- UI Breadcrumbs for Android Error Events
- Bytecode transformations: The Android Gradle Plugin
- Sentry's response to Log4j vulnerability CVE-2021-44228
- Mobile Vitals - Four Metrics Every Mobile Developer Should Care About.
- Supporting Native Android Libraries Loaded From APKs.
- A Sanity Listicle for Mobile Developers.
- Performance Monitoring for Android Applications.
- Close the Loop with User Feedback.
- How to use Sentry Attachments with Mobile Applications.
- Adding Native support to our Android SDK.
- New Android SDK How-to.
- Sample App. with Sentry Android SDK and Sentry Gradle Plugin.
- Sample App. with Sentry Java SDK.
- Sample for Development.
This repository includes
sentry-native as a git submodule.
To build against
sentry-native checked-out elsewhere in your file system, create a symlink
sentry-android-ndk/sentry-native-local that points to your
For example, if you had
sentry-native checked-out in a sibling directory to this repo:
ln -s ../../sentry-native sentry-android-ndk/sentry-native-local
which will be picked up by
gradle and used instead of the git submodule.
This directory is also included in
.gitignore not to be shown as pending changes.
Sentry Self Hosted Compatibility
Since version 3.0.0 of this SDK, Sentry version >= v20.6.0 is required. This only applies to on-premise Sentry, if you are using sentry.io no action is needed.