Vaadin v8.11.0.beta1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-05-13 // 13 days ago
🚀 Vaadin Framework 8.11.0.beta1 is a pre-release for evaluating a number of new features and bug fixes. The API in this beta version is not considered final and may change based on user feedback.
- 👌 Support for javax.validation @notempty annotation.
🐛 Bug Fixes
- 🛠 Fix to Grid column hiding/unhiding indexing.
- 🛠 Fix to replacing all Grid columns when some are frozen.
- 🛠 Fix to MenuItem tooltips within Window and other overlays.
- 🛠 Fix to RichTextArea links in Firefox and IE.
- 👍 Fix to RichTextArea empty input in Firefox and IE. (Warranty fix)
- 📚 Small improvements to documentation.
Incompatible or Behavior-altering Changes
👀 See 8.11.0.beta1 milestone for all changes.
Previous changes from v8.11.0.alpha1
🚀 Vaadin Framework 8.11.0.alpha1 is a pre-release for evaluating a number of new features and bug fixes. The API in this beta version is not considered final and may change based on user feedback.
- ➕ Added
Tree#asMultiSelect()so that Tree can be used as multiselect field e.g. with Binder
- ➕ Added methods in
Binderto enable / disable binding and binder level Validators on the fly
- ➕ Added
Binder#writeBeanAsDraftmethod version to write all values passing conversion to the bean
- 👍 Allow
AbstractDateFieldto provide DST zone names over custom ranges
- 🔄 Changed
DateField::setValue()to throw exception if date is not meeting range check. This also prevents server and client state sync issue.
Pushtransport before re-connect should improve Push stability when there is hand over e.g. from WiFi to cable and vice versa
💥 Breaking changes:
- ⚡️ Updated hibernate dependency to newer version. Old version caused false positive warning in dependency security check.
- ➕ Added Upload button caption HTML content support
- Upload is now prevented if there
- ➕ Added