AspectJ alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Development" category.
Alternatively, view AspectJ alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.7 10.0 L2 AspectJ VS JHipsterJHipster, much like Spring initializr, is a generator to create a boilerplate backend application, but also with an integrated front end implementation in React, Vue or Angular. In their own words, it "Is a development platform to quickly generate, develop, & deploy modern web applications & microservice architectures."
8.3 9.3 L2 AspectJ VS JavaParserJava 1-15 Parser and Abstract Syntax Tree for Java, including preview features to Java 13
7.8 0.0 L1 AspectJ VS Spring LoadedJava agent that enables class reloading in a running JVM
7.6 7.7 L2 AspectJ VS ImmutablesAnnotation processor to create immutable objects and builders. Feels like Guava's immutable collections but for regular value objects. JSON, Jackson, Gson, JAX-RS integrations included
:octocat: ⭕️ CircleMenu is a simple, elegant UI menu with a circular layout and material design animations. Android UI library made by @Ramotion
2.0 0.0 AspectJ VS Better Error PagesRails like error pages for Spring Boot applications that are only active in development.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of AspectJ or a related project?
- a seamless aspect-oriented extension to the Java programming language
- Java platform compatible
- easy to learn and use
- clean modularization of crosscutting concerns, such as error checking and handling, synchronization, context-sensitive behavior, performance optimizations, monitoring and logging, debugging support, and multi-object protocols
AspectJ has a multi-module Maven build. Although various modules produce intermediate results, the key artifacts at the end of the build are:
aspectjrt- the AspectJ runtime
aspectjweaver- the AspectJ weaver
aspectjtools- the AspectJ compiler
aspectjmatcher- the AspectJ matcher
These are the artifacts published to Maven Central for each release. In addition, there is an installer that can be run with
java -jar to install AspectJ onto Windows/Mac/Linux. This installer is produced by the
In the root of a cloned AspectJ simply run:
./mvnw clean install
You can also use a reasonably recent (3.6.3+), locally installed Maven installation instead of the Maven wrapper script.
This will build all the modules, run all the tests and install the key artifacts in your local repository. Once built, access the Maven dependencies from your local repository or run the installer to install AspectJ locally:
java -jar installer/target/aspectj-<VERSION>.jar
Running the tests in Eclipse
Once you have imported all the projects using
m2e, there is a special module called
run-all-junit-tests and within that a
RunTheseBeforeYouCommitTests class that can be run with the JUnit launcher to execute thousands of tests.
Ensure you run this with a JDK - the more recent the better since some tests will not execute on older JDKs - tests that verify language features that only exist in the more up to date JDK version.
Documentation for AspectJ users
- Complete documentation quicklinks
- [Setting up a development environment](docs/developer/IDE.md)
- Getting started with AspectJ
- Programming Guide
- [READMEs for each version of AspectJ](docs/dist/doc)
- [AspectJ Java version compatibility](docs/dist/doc/JavaVersionCompatibility.md)
Documentation for AspectJ developers
- [How to contribute to AspectJ](CONTRIBUTING.md)
- [How to release AspectJ](docs/developer/RELEASE.md)
- [Maven build options (profiles, properties)](docs/developer/BUILD.md)
AspectJ is published to maven central under the
org.aspectj groupID: https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.aspectj