Caffeine alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Caching" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Caffeine or a related project?
LoadingCache<Key, Graph> graphs = Caffeine.newBuilder() .maximumSize(10_000) .expireAfterWrite(5, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .refreshAfterWrite(1, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .build(key -> createExpensiveGraph(key));
Features at a Glance
Caffeine provides flexible construction to create a cache with a combination of the following features:
- automatic loading of entries into the cache, optionally asynchronously
- size-based eviction when a maximum is exceeded based on frequency and recency
- time-based expiration of entries, measured since last access or last write
- asynchronously refresh when the first stale request for an entry occurs
- keys automatically wrapped in weak references
- values automatically wrapped in weak or soft references
- notification of evicted (or otherwise removed) entries
- writes propagated to an external resource
- accumulation of cache access statistics
In addition, Caffeine offers the following extensions:
Use Caffeine in a community provided integration:
- Play Framework: High velocity web framework
- Micronaut: A modern, full-stack framework
- Spring Cache: As of Spring 4.3 & Boot 1.4
- Akka: Build reactive applications easily
- Quarkus: Supersonic Subatomic Java
- Scaffeine: Scala wrapper for Caffeine
- ScalaCache: Simple caching in Scala
- Camel: Routing and mediation engine
- JHipster: Generate, develop, deploy
- Druid: Real-time analytics
Powering infrastructure near you:
- Dropwizard: Ops-friendly, high-performance, RESTful APIs
- Cassandra: Manage massive amounts of data, fast
- Accumulo: A sorted, distributed key/value store
- HBase: A distributed, scalable, big data store
- Apache Solr: Blazingly fast enterprise search
- Infinispan: Distributed in-memory data grid
- Corfu: A cluster consistency platform
- Grails: Groovy-based web framework
- Orbit: Virtual actors on the JVM
- Finagle: Extensible RPC system
- Neo4j: Graphs for Everyone
In the News
- An in-depth description of Caffeine's architecture.
- Caffeine is presented as part of research papers evaluating its novel eviction policy.
- TinyLFU: A Highly Efficient Cache Admission Policy by Gil Einziger, Roy Friedman, Ben Manes
- Adaptive Software Cache Management by Gil Einziger, Ohad Eytan, Roy Friedman, Ben Manes
Download from Maven Central or depend via Gradle:
compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:caffeine:2.8.1' // Optional extensions compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:guava:2.8.1' compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:jcache:2.8.1'
See the release notes for details of the changes.
Snapshots of the development version are available in Sonatype's snapshots repository.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Caffeine README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.