camunda BPM platform is a flexible framework for workflow and process automation. It's core is a native BPMN 2.0 process engine that runs inside the Java Virtual Machine. It can be embedded inside any Java application and any Runtime Container. It integrates with Java EE 6 and is a perfect match for the Spring Framework. On top of the process engine, you can choose from a stack of tools for human workflow management, operations & monitoring.
Camunda BPM alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "BPM" category.
Alternatively, view Camunda BPM alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.5 8.0 Camunda BPM VS ActivitiActiviti is a light-weight workflow and Business Process Management (BPM) Platform targeted at business people, developers and system admins. Its core is a super-fast and rock-solid BPMN 2 process engine for Java. It's open-source and distributed under the Apache license. Activiti runs in any Java application, on a server, on a cluster or in the…
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Camunda BPM or a related project?
Camunda BPM - The open source BPM platform
Camunda BPM platform is a flexible framework for workflow and process automation. It's core is a native BPMN 2.0 process engine that runs inside the Java Virtual Machine. It can be embedded inside any Java application and any Runtime Container. It integrates with Java EE 6 and is a perfect match for the Spring Framework. On top of the process engine, you can choose from a stack of tools for human workflow management, operations & monitoring.
- Web Site: https://www.camunda.org/
- Getting Started: https://docs.camunda.org/get-started/
- User Forum: https://forum.camunda.org/
- Issue Tracker: https://app.camunda.com/jira
- Contribution Guidelines: https://camunda.org/contribute/
Camunda BPM platform provides a rich set of components centered around the BPM lifecycle.
Process Implementation and Execution
- Camunda Engine - The core component responsible for executing BPMN 2.0 processes.
- REST API - The REST API provides remote access to running processes.
- Spring, CDI Integration - Programming model integration that allows developers to write Java Applications that interact with running processes.
- Camunda Modeler - A standalone desktop application that allows business users and developers to design & configure processes.
- Camunda Engine - JMX and advanced Runtime Container Integration for process engine monitoring.
- Camunda Cockpit - Web application tool for process operations.
- Camunda Admin - Web application for managing users, groups, and their access permissions.
Human Task Management
- Camunda Tasklist - Web application for managing and completing user tasks in the context of processes.
And there's more...
- Community Extensions - Extensions on top of Camunda BPM provided and maintained by our great open source community
In contrast to other vendor BPM platforms, Camunda BPM strives to be highly integrable and embeddable. We seek to deliver a great experience to developers that want to use BPM technology in their projects.
Out of the box, Camunda BPM provides infrastructure-level integration with Java EE Application Servers and Servlet Containers.
Most of the components that make up the platform can even be completely embedded inside an application. For instance, you can add the process engine and the REST API as a library to your application and assemble your custom BPM platform configuration.
Please see our [contribution guidelines](CONTRIBUTING.md).
To run the tests in this repository, please see our [testing tips and tricks](TESTING.md).
The source files in this repository are made available under the [Apache License Version 2.0](./LICENSE).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Camunda BPM README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.