OpenRefine v3.4.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-09-24 // about 1 year ago
🚀 This is a bug fix release for the 3.4 series. Please backup your workspace directory before installing and report any problems that you encounter.
🐛 Bug fixes
- 🍎 The MacOS build displays the correct version number (#3196)
- 🛠 The Google Drive and Google Sheets integration was fixed.
👀 See the full list of changes for 3.4.
- 🐧 openrefine-linux-3.4.1.tar.gz: SHA bcff1764f9a6420024267e2a87b3e6b88641dd3d
- openrefine-mac-3.4.1.dmg: SHA ca1567dff7e83bc1d0f748df7631e67c1f5d8e25
- openrefine-win-3.4.1.zip: SHA e7f4183111fddf42ce2b51e9bb7d0715f00db50e
- openrefine-win-with-java-3.4.1.zip: SHA f38320d957da3ebf15471cb0727045e47ff0b051
Previous changes from v3.4
🚀 This is the final release for OpenRefine 3.4. Please backup your workspace directory before installing and report any problems that you encounter.
🆕 New features
- 🏁 We now offer a Windows package with embedded Java runtime engine (no need to install Java with this one) (#2272)
- SQLite importer added (#1951)
- 👍 More languages including Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), Czech, and Punjabi, as well as better coverage for existing languages including Cebuano, English (UK), French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, and Portuguese (Brazil).
- ⚡️ Clojure updated to 2.7.2 (#2608)
- 🔊 Modal dialogs can now be closed with the ESC key (#1018)
cell.errorMessagefield has been added, to fetch the error message stored in a cell (it was originally
cell.errorin 3.4 beta) (#525)
- 🔧 Google OAuth credentials for Google Sheets and Google Drive integration are configurable (#2383)
- A new menu item was created to extract entity identifiers from a reconciled column (#1975)
- It is now possible to quote all cell values in the custom tabular exporter (#1869)
- An option was added in the CSV/TSV importer to strip whitespace in cell values (#791)
- The Google Sheets and Google Drive export have been added to the main "Export" menu (#2453)
- 👍 The
crossfunction now supports any value for input (instead of just cells) and is no longer restricted to the column where it is invoked (#1950)
crossfunction now works for any type of cell value (#2461)
- 🔧 It is now possible to configure the
maxlagvalue used by the Wikidata extension by setting
wikibase.upload.maxLagto some integer in the preferences (in 3.4 beta, it was
wikibase:upload:maxLagand that was renamed later to match the naming convention of other preferences) (#2304)
- Facets can be minimized (#2553)
- Excel XLSX export column limit increased from 256 to 16K columns (#2600)
- Character encoding detection added for import (#486)
👀 See the full list of changes.
- 🐧 openrefine-linux-3.4.tar.gz: SHA e75a4b1c7a4e5c0af2a1d2d278f7707980a59e18
- openrefine-mac-3.4.dmg: SHA f0aa34025b3137c6ccd6b49ee243cbdf06195995
- openrefine-win-3.4.zip: SHA d2bd2b36c9304dca8408d7b5719216286b0662c7
- openrefine-win-with-java-3.4.zip: SHA 1a57b8811af1aabe8a7632697b991db6a10f7ef4