- Removing -f (format) and -p (precision) option flags. Flatzinc uses instead --format and --precision. Option -f is used to denote free search, based on AFCMaxDeg/AFCMax variable selection method. The default search (no search annotations) still uses the old search method for compatibility reasons.
🖨 2. Improving debug information print-out for flatzinc.
Improvement in propagation for XinA constraint.
Improvement in pruning of task duration in Cumulative Basic constraint.
New implementation of counting constraints in flatzinc. Some compile to Atleast and AtMost. Original at_least and at_most are deprecated from version 2.4 of Minizinc.
New CountVar constraint and its flatzinc interface.
Changeing Scala compiler to 2.13.1 and making related code chnages.
Not recognized search options in flatzinc are ignored instead of aborting computation.
Implementation of restart search both in JaCoP and flatzinc (uses standard minizinc annotation).
Implementation of priority search both in JaCoP and in flatzinc (uses annotation priority_search; check JaCoP specific library definition at jacop.mzn for the definition).
Making WeightedDegree variable selection method working correctly; available in flatzinc as dom_w_deg. Adding new variable selection methods based on accumulated failure count (AFC) and pruning activity; defined in flatzinc also.
Time-out in flatzinc is changed to be specified in milliseconds (to be compatible with minizinc options).
New distance step option for search with cost function specified as FloatVar. Available in both Java and flatzinc.
Small corrections in pom.xml to use right version of Scala.
Restructuring of minizinc library with the new method introduced in Minizinc 2.3. It uses fzn_*.mzn files to define JaCoP specific global constraint
Definitions in redefintions.mzn and implementation of half-reified constraints, that is minizinc constraints with the name *_imp. Implementation of JaCoP constraint Implies.
Definitions and implementation of fzn_if_then_else_* constraints in flatzinc JaCoP library and in Java (constraint Conditional).
Implementation of Member constraint and making it available from flatzinc (added into the JaCoP library).
Flatzinc annotation "priority(k)" defining constraint priority (0..4) where 0 is the highest and 4 the lowest priority of a constraint.
New format for methods toString() for depth first search methods. Flatzinc compiler prints search in debug mode.
Replacing buggy Lex constraint for sets with simple but correct AltB and AleB. Both constraints implement lexical order between sets using either "<" or "<=" relations. Lex is kept for compatibility. Constraints AltB and AleB are primitive and can be used as parameters to other constraints. Implementation of flatzinc set_lt_reif and set_le_reif.
SumInt, SumBool, LinearInt, LinearIntDom and LinearFloat does not need Store parameter any longer.
👻 3. Fix of null pointer exception in Binpacking constraint. It is sometimes present if a bin variable is ground when constraint is imposed. Improving performance of Binpacking constraint by running computationally expensive lower bound computations only when constraint is fix-point.
New constraint for symmetry breaking, ValuePrecede.
Implementation of ElementFloatVariable and ElementSetVariable as well as related flatzinc predicates array_var_float_element array_var_set_element.
New version of Alldiff constraints that uses new algorithm with complexity O(n logn) instead of O(n2).
Improvements in subcircuit constraint. It applies computationally expensive dominance pruning if SCC did not pruned anything.
New primitive constraints AtLeast and AtMost. Adding generation of these constraints and their reified versions for flatzinc.
🖨 9. Adding print-out of intermediate statistics for search (search nodes and execution time) to flatzinc when option -v is given.
🔧 10. Adding JaCoP solver configuration file, 'org.jacop.msc', for minizinc 2.2 (both stand-alone and IDE) and fzn-jacop script to be used to call JaCoP solve.
🖨 11. New print-out of statistics for flatzinc that follows minizinc 2.2 standard.
Definition of flatzinc library global constraint alldifferent_except0 using global_cardinality_low_up_closed. Related changes of generation of JaCoP GCC constraint.
Bug fix in sequential search when there is float_search after set_search.
🐎 1. Performance improvements and identification of the same items in Binpacking constraint.
Correcting definitions of bin_packing and bin_packing_capa in JaCoP flatzinc library.
New constructor for LinearInt and LInearIntDom that makes it easier to define it. Makes it possible to specify result as IntVar.
New constraint SumFloat and new constructor for LinearFloat. Makes it possible to specify result as FloatVar.
New JaCoP specific variable selection options in flatzinc (smallest_max, smallest_most_constrained, smallest_first_fail). It requires to include jacop.mzn in minizinc program.
Adding soft_all_different_int and soft_global_cardinality_int to flatzinc. It requires to include jacop.mzn in minizinc program.
🖨 7. Printing BooleanVar when store is printed.
Adding possibility to Scala wrapper to define element constraint on a list of BoolVar as array access.
Adding floating-point constraints log2 and log10 to flatzinc to JaCoP compiler.
Two new classes for debugging and statistics gathering. VariableTrace prints out variables prunings during search. FailConstraintsStatistics gather number of fails for each constraints and class of constraints.
New cumulative constraints. CumulativeBasic does time-tabling propagation, Cumulative does time-tabling and edge finding propagation, and CumulativeUnary is a specialized version of unary resources and does in addition to two previous propagations not-first-not-last, detectable and overload propagations. All propagations, except time-tabling, are done on binary trees and have the following complexities, where n is the number of tasks and k is the number of distinct resource values for tasks. Edge finding O(k*n*logn), not-first-not-last, detectable and overload O(n*logn).
New, more efficient implementation of Diffn constraint. Added Nooveralp constraint implementing basic non-overlapping conditions for rectangles and DiffnDecomposed implemented as three constraints: Nooverlap and two CumulativeBasic constraints in direction X and Y.
New Table and SimpleTable (number of table entries =< 64) constraints based on compact-table representation.
Calls to new cumulative, diffn and table constraints in Scala wrapper.
New method for constraint generation for flatzinc.
Making JaCoP compatible with Scala 2.12.
Improvement in pruning for MinSimple and MaxSimple.
🛠 18. Bug fixes:
- Changing comparator method in LinearFloat that IllegalArgumentException is not reported.
- Correcting bugs in AndBool, OrBool and AndBoolSimple.
- Correcting a bug when a constraint needs information of changed variables and is a parameter to other constraint, for example Reified, Xor.
- Bug fix when reified BoolClause is generated in falzinc. The case when BoolClause fails and reified variable is false.
- Bug fix in SumInt that stopped the propagator from computing a fix-point in some situations.
- Bug fix in method inComplement that did not generated event "BOUND" when bounds in the domain was changed (generated "ANY" instead).
🚀 19. Different Maven profiles for testing (commit, push, release) that will execute different lengths tests in Maven test phase using Minizinc tests stored in src/test/fz/ directory.
- Various code cleaning based on complaints from findbugs, Intelij IDE, and Sonar.
↪ 21. Adding workaround for a bug in Geost caused by too eager ignoring execution of propagation when constraint is not consistent.
✅ 22. Extending testing suites by adding thousands of minizinc based tests, as well as some unit tests for domain classes. Adding fznFileGenerator skrypt to quickly categorize new minizinc problems into time categories to be used by future tests.
🔨 23. Cleaning up design around Constraints. Refactoring a lot of code from particular constraints into common functionality in Constraint.
New selection for search variables in minizinc. Only output variables are selected by default.
Adding additional pass to the flatzinc compiler. bool2int does not generate the equality constraints on both variables. Only the first variable is used in the model and the second one as the alias for the first one. Decreases the number of generated constraints.
🗄 3. Sum and SumWeight are deprecated and SumInt, SumBool or LinearInt should be used instead.
New circuit and subcircuit constraint definitions in minizinc that accept arbitrary indexes (not always starting from 1).
New constraint SumBool.
Correcting a bug in OrBool constraint.
🗄 7. Xor of Linear constraint corrected. Linear is deprecated and LinearInt should be used instead.
Correcting a bug in GCC.
Improvements and corrections in Linear, LinearInt, SumInt, LinearIntDom and LinearFloat.
🛠 10. Bug fixes and improvements.
Implementation of constraints ArgMin and ArgMax as well connection to flatzinc constraints arg_min_int and arg_max_int.
Correcting implementation of Diff2 and Disjoint. Currently Diff2 implements non-strict version of diffn constraint (minizinc constraint diffn_nonstrict) that makes it possible to pack zero-width rectangles anywhere. Disjoint implements a strict version of diffn constraint (minizinc diffn constraint). It requires that zero-width rectangles does not overlap with any other rectangle.
Implementation of primitive constraint BoolClause implementing flatzinc constraint bool_clause.
📜 4. Sets of integer with bounds 1..0 are treated by flatzinc parser as empty sets. This implements a way minizinc 2.0 represents empty sets.
🏗 5. Adding int_pow build-in predicate to flatzinc interpreter.
- LexOrder global constraints accepts vectors of different sizes.
🐎 7. Performance improvement for SumWeightDom.
🐎 8. Performance improvement for ElementInteger and two new constraints ElementIntegerFast and ElementVariableFast that implement a straightforward pruning method.
- New primitive constraints LinearInt and SumInt that implement pruning methods from paper "Bounds Consistency Techniques for Long Linear Constraints" by Warwick Harvey and Joachim Schimpf.
🐎 10. Fixing performance bug in IntervalBasedBacktrackableManager. Unnecessary call to checkRemoveInvariant outside assert statement.
📜 11. Adding option --bound (-b) to flatzinc parser that enforces use of bounds consistency for constraints (instead of domain, even for constraints annotated with "::domain").
- Adding SAT solver to JaCoP and connecting it to flatzinc interpreter. The use of SAT solver in flatzinc is controlled by option -sat. If the option is specified the SAT solver is used for all bool_* constraints, otherwise CP constraints are used.
🐎 13. Improving performance of Max and Min constraints. Specially for large lists of varibales.
🛠 14. Bug fixes.
👍 1. Support for minizinc 2.0
- Constraint Geost avaible is now from minizinc.
- Implementation of Solution-Guided Multi-Point Constructive Search.
- Improvements in minimization method for floating-point variables.
- New global constraint LexOrder that defines lexicographical order between two vectors of IntVar. Vectors must be of the same size.
- Implementation of a loader for flazinc models and related examples. The loader makes it possible to load the model and then define own search methods as well as use all variables defined in the model and their values. 🐎 3. Performance improvements in AndBool and OrBool. it is no longer needed to scan the whole list for achieving consistency.
- Checking for overflow in Sum and improvement in detecting overflow for addition.
- Since domain consistency is computationally expensive minizinc uses domain consistency for linear constraints only when constrained are annotated ":: domain" and the size of maximal domains is <= 4 and there is no more than 2 variables.
New floating point variables and constraints on these variables.
Flatzinc interface for JaCoP's floating point constraints.
Scala interface for floating point constraints.
Fixing a bug in knapsack constraints when large numbers are used.
Implementing intersection method between SmallDenseDomain and BoundDomain.
v4.0.0 ChangesJanuary 16, 2014
🔖 Version 4.0.0
📦 1. Maven support and new directory structure. The package has changed name from JaCoP to org.jacop and files are placed in the new directory structure. 🚀 2. Experimental feature - stochastic variables and constraints - is moved to feature branch as it still requires additional testing. It is excluded from this release, but we encourage contribution in this branch (examples/tests in particular) to help us make it quicker a part of the next release. 🚀 3. Experimental feature SAT solver - JaSAT - is moved to experimental feature branch as its performance and integration with JaCoP still requires extra work. It is excluded from this release, but we encourage contribution in this branch to help us make it quicker a part of the next release.
- Adding constraint SumWeightDom that implements domain consistency for weighted sum of linear terms.
- New primitive constraint Linear and its use in flatzinc.
- New global constraint Subcircuit. ✅ 7. Adding additional propagation to Min and Max constraint. It propagates in situations when one variable on the list is lowest (greatest). It enforces that this variable from the list is equal min (max) variable. 🖨 8. Print of statistics for flatzinc (org.jacop.fz.Fz2jacop) after Ctrl-C. ⚡️ 9. Updated JaCoP guide to reflect new features. 🛠 10. Bug fixes.