- 🚀 PR #94 : The NonBlockingHashMap by @cliffclick is now released as part of JCTools core. Also thanks to @pcholakov for help is converting and sanity testing some of the benchmark code (PR #108).
- PR #129 : MPSC linked array queues code is tidied up and split into 3 implementations. The old Chunked is here, but constructor has changed. Growable is split from chunked and Unbounded is added.
- 🐛 Bug #135 : Bug fix for the growable MPSC case.
- PR #127 : Releasing JCTools as an OSGi bundle, thanks @CodingFabian !
- PERF: Fix GC nepotism issue in SpscUnboundedArrayQueue (Issue #95, PR #96, courtesy of @akarnokd)
- PERF: Unified base implementation to SpscUnbounded/Growable (Issue #103, PR #107, courtesy of @pcholakov)
- 🐛 BUG: IllegalStateException during MpscChunkedArrayQueue.offer(....) (Issue #115)
- 🐛 BUG: new MpscChunkedArrayQueue(1024, Integer.MAX_VALUE, ...) throws confusing exception (Issue #116)
- 🐛 BUG: SpscGrowable/SpscUnbounded/SpscAtomic/SpscUnboundedAtomic !isEmpty() but poll() == null (Issue #119)
- 🐛 BUG: MpscArrayQueue.offerIfBelowTheshold is broken: offering is still possible when queue is full (Issue #120)
- ➕ Added MpscChunkedArrayQueue an MPSC bounded queue aiming to replace current usage of MpscLinkedQueue in usecases where low footprint AND low GC churn are desirable. This is acheived through usage of smaller buffers which are then linked to either bigger buffers or same sized buffers as queue size demands.
- 🛠 Fixed a GC nepotism issue in linked queues. This is not a bug but an observable generational GC side effect causing false promotion of linked nodes because of a reference from a promoted dead node. See discussion here: akka/akka#19216
- 🛠 Fixed an inconsistently handled exception on offering null elements. This was a bug in MpmcArrayQueue.
- 🔨 Formatting and refactoring
Contributions made by:
- 🆕 New API offered under MessagePassingQueue
- 🆕 New Queues
- 🛠 Minor Bug fixes
JCTools offers java.util.Queue implementations for concurrent use. The queues 👌 support a limited subset of the interface focusing on message passing rather 👍 than collection like semantics. In particular the queues do not support:
- The iterator() method
- ✂ remove()