WireMock alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Testing" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of WireMock or a related project?
WireMock - a web service test double for all occasions
- HTTP response stubbing, matchable on URL, header and body content patterns
- Request verification
- Runs in unit tests, as a standalone process or as a WAR app
- Configurable via a fluent Java API, JSON files and JSON over HTTP
- Record/playback of stubs
- Fault injection
- Per-request conditional proxying
- Browser proxying for request inspection and replacement
- Stateful behaviour simulation
- Configurable response delays
Full documentation can be found at wiremock.org
Questions and Issues
If you have a question about WireMock, or are experiencing a problem you're not sure is a bug please post a message to the WireMock mailing list.
On the other hand if you're pretty certain you've found a bug please open an issue.
We welcome bug fixes and new features in the form of pull requests. If you'd like to contribute, please be mindful of the following guidelines:
- All changes should include suitable tests, whether to demonstrate the bug or exercise and document the new feature.
- Please make one change per pull request.
- If the new feature is significantly large/complex/breaks existing behaviour, please first post a summary of your idea on the mailing list to generate a discussion. This will avoid significant amounts of coding time spent on changes that ultimately get rejected.
- Try to avoid reformats of files that change the indentation, tabs to spaces etc., as this makes reviewing diffs much more difficult.
Building WireMock locally
To run all of WireMock's tests:
./gradlew clean test
To build both JARs (thin and standalone):
./gradlew -c release-settings.gradle :java8:shadowJar
The built JAR will be placed under
Developing on IntelliJ IDEA
IntelliJ can't import the gradle build script correctly automatically, so run
./gradlew -c release-settings.gradle :java8:idea
Make sure you have no
.idea directory, the plugin generates old style .ipr,
.iml & .iws metadata files.
You may have to then set up your project SDK to point at your Java 8 installation.
Then edit the module settings. Remove the "null" Source & Test source folders
from all modules. Add
wiremock as a module dependency to Java 7 & Java 8.