JBehave alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Testing" category.
Alternatively, view JBehave alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of JBehave or a related project?
JBehave is a BDD framework for Java and all JVM languages (Groovy, Ruby, Scala).
Canonical information for JBehave:
Contributing and Developing
Keep an eye on the Travis CI server for JBehave builds.
JDK version required:
1.8 or above at build and runtime (tested with Oracle JDK on different platforms)
Maven version required to build: 3.5 or above (while tested with 3.5.x it may also work with previous 3.x versions)
Configure IDE to use UTF-8 for all files Configure Maven by adding "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" to $MAVEN_OPTS
Maven is supported in Intellij IDEA out-of-the-box Maven is supported in Eclipse via m2e plugin, included out-of-the-box in some Eclipse distributions. Eclipse users may also want to load the ides/eclipse/lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml or ignore the m2e lifecycle mappings manually.
The first time you run the Maven build, do:
mvn install -s settings.xml
After that, it is necessary to only do the following:
Maven Build Profiles
- default: builds all releasable modules
- examples: builds all headless examples
- gui: builds examples that require a GUI (i.e. non-headless) mode (separated as they do not run on CI.
- nt: no-test, builds skipping unit-test behaviors
Maven Build Profiles used during release cycle
- reporting: builds reports
- distribution: builds distribution (documentation)
Note: profiles are additive and the default profile is always active.
Example Profile Usages
Build Core and all Examples
mvn install -Pexamples
Build with Reporting and Distribution
mvn install -Preporting,distribution
Building a Release with Maven
mvn release:prepare -Preporting,distribution mvn release:perform -Preporting,distribution
Related JBehave projects
- jbehave-pom JBehave POM
- jbehave-web web extensions to JBehave
- jbehave-osgi OSGi extensions to JBehave
- jbehave-eclipse Eclipse integration for JBehave
- jbehave-tutorial for an example of JBehave testing of a real web application.
See LICENSE.txt in the source root (BSD).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the JBehave README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.