Pinpoint alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Distributed Applications" category.
Alternatively, view Pinpoint alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Pinpoint or a related project?
Latest Release (2020/12/02)
We're happy to announce the release of Pinpoint v2.2.0. Please check the release note at (https://github.com/pinpoint-apm/pinpoint/releases/tag/v2.2.0).
The current stable version is v2.2.0.
Take a quick look at Pinpoint with our demo!
Pinpoint also supports application written in PHP, Python. Check-out our agent repository.
Pinpoint is an APM (Application Performance Management) tool for large-scale distributed systems written in Java / PHP/[PYTHON]((https://github.com/pinpoint-apm/pinpoint-c-agent)). Inspired by Dapper, Pinpoint provides a solution to help analyze the overall structure of the system and how components within them are interconnected by tracing transactions across distributed applications.
You should definitely check Pinpoint out If you want to
- understand your application topology at a glance
- monitor your application in Real-Time
- gain code-level visibility to every transaction
- install APM Agents without changing a single line of code
- have minimal impact on the performance (approximately 3% increase in resource usage)
Services nowadays often consist of many different components, communicating amongst themselves as well as making API calls to external services. How each and every transaction gets executed is often left as a blackbox. Pinpoint traces transaction flows between these components and provides a clear view to identify problem areas and potential bottlenecks. For a more intimate guide, please check out our Introduction to Pinpoint video clip.
- ServerMap - Understand the topology of any distributed systems by visualizing how their components are interconnected. Clicking on a node reveals details about the component, such as its current status, and transaction count.
- Realtime Active Thread Chart - Monitor active threads inside applications in real-time.
- Request/Response Scatter Chart - Visualize request count and response patterns over time to identify potential problems. Transactions can be selected for additional detail by dragging over the chart.
- CallStack - Gain code-level visibility to every transaction in a distributed environment, identifying bottlenecks and points of failure in a single view.
- Inspector - View additional details on the application such as CPU usage, Memory/Garbage Collection, TPS, and JVM arguments.
- JDK 6+
- Tomcat 6/7/8/9, Jetty 8/9, JBoss EAP 6/7, Resin 4, Websphere 6/7/8, Vertx 3.3/3.4/3.5, Weblogic 10/11g/12c, Undertow
- Spring, Spring Boot (Embedded Tomcat, Jetty, Undertow), Spring asynchronous communication
- Apache HTTP Client 3.x/4.x, JDK HttpConnector, GoogleHttpClient, OkHttpClient, NingAsyncHttpClient, Akka-http, Apache CXF
- Thrift Client, Thrift Service, DUBBO PROVIDER, DUBBO CONSUMER, GRPC
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL(jtds), CUBRID, POSTGRESQL, MARIA
- Arcus, Memcached, Redis(Jedis, Lettuce), CASSANDRA, MongoDB, Hbase, Elasticsearch
- iBATIS, MyBatis
- DBCP, DBCP2, HIKARICP, DRUID
- gson, Jackson, Json Lib, Fastjson
- log4j, Logback, log4j2
Java version required to run Pinpoint:
HBase compatibility table:
|Pinpoint Version||HBase 1.0.x||HBase 1.2.x||HBase 1.4.x||HBase 2.0.x|
|1.5.x||yes||not tested||not tested||no|
Agent - Collector compatibility table:
|Agent Version||Collector 1.5.x||Collector 1.6.x||Collector 1.7.x||Collector 1.8.x||Collector 2.0.x||Collector 2.1.x||Collector 2.2.x|
Flink compatibility table:
|Pinpoint Version||flink 1.3.X||flink 1.4.X||flink 1.5.X||flink 1.6.X||flink 1.7.X|
We have Chinese community now, welcome to join!
|QQ Group1: 897594820||QQ Group2: 812507584||DING Group : 21981598|
|[QQ Group1](doc/images/NAVERPinpoint.png)||[QQ Group2](doc/images/NAVERPinpoint2.png)||[DING Group](doc/images/NaverPinpoint交流群-DING.jpg)|
Pinpoint is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See [LICENSE](LICENSE) for full license text.
Copyright 2018 NAVER Corp. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Pinpoint README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.